Gemma 1.8 is a major new release that includes changes to the software and data, including:
- We are now much more selective in our choice of experiments to include in coexpression analysis. This means that fewer data sets are available for coexpression, but they are generally of higher quality.
- The way we store coexpression data has been revised to improve performance and allow more flexible queries.
- We have re-curated many experimental designs to make them more interpretable and consistent across studies.
- Most Affymetrix data sets are now reanalyzed from CEL files. We have also introduced many more RNA-seq data sets, which are analyzed from raw reads.
- We have added new quality controls and many data sets are now batch-corrected. Data sets that lack batch information are among those excluded from some analyses.
- Neurocarta is now Phenocarta, and has been expanded in gene-disease coverage.
- There have been numerous bug fixes and improvements to the site.
Much more is planned including more data and features. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with bug reports, feature requests, or other feedback.